Sunday 16 March 2014

20 years from now..



In the last months I've been dealing with myself probably more than I did in my entire life. Questions about my life,wishes.. We all know that young people are massively leaving Slovenia. It's well known that those who are smart,left Slovenia. Since I've got a new job, that is not my primary reason for moving. But if one day at work you just stare in front of you,kind of numb,with a weird feeling like:what am I doing here,that's a signal you should pay attention to your situation.The last event that reminded me of my big wish about moving to Germany,was hanging out with my last couchsurfer. Listening to the original german language again..I could listen to it for hours. And recently I had a couple of interesting conversations about this theme. I asked my co-worker,who lived there for over than 20 years,how would he compare life there to life in Slovenia. He said,that the point can be told in two sentences: in Slovenia we work to live and in Germany people live to work. In his opinion,life in Slovenia is better and its quality is higher,because we have a lot of free time and we also know how to relax. And we can do this because everything is so close:we can "jump" to the seaside in the afternoon or go hiking.That's true.If I return to my personal dilemma,my (almost) 16 year-old cousin gave me a cool piece of advice. She said: "First,you have to decide what do you really want. Because when you do that,all the dilemma about the second option will disappear. And when you'll start working in that direction,things will just fall into place."No matter how well informed I am and what my current situation is,there's a quote I can't get out of my head: "20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do."


No comments:

Post a Comment