Sunday 11 May 2014

A sports addict


I never did any sports. Even our high school workout wasn't interesting to me. Besides that I had luck to be skinny, so I didn't "need" to work out for that reason. The only sport I did was inline skating which, after 18 years, I still adore. Now I'm almost a sports addict. I like hiking, but my biggest passion is cycling.


Making a picture for a friend
My cycling story started 5 years ago, when my colleague from faculty invited me to go cycling with her. At start, our average tour lasted 60 kilometres and it was probably the best possible way of hanging out:  conversations with women topics, being in nature, burning calories :D But the best part about it was the energy you had for the rest of the day. At my 25 I was more fit than ever before.


A 180 km tour
I remember that before we went on a 180 km tour, some friends asked whether we are going to sleep over somewhere during it. I said: "Yes, we are going to sleep over in Celje and go back home the next day." "Oh, I thought you guys are going to sleep over somewhere already on your way there!" But 90 kilometres really is nothing when you are in a good shape:D Ok, it depends on how hilly the landscape is. To me, the toughest tour was from Novo mesto to the Kolpa river (about 105 kilometres). We cycled there in the morning, were swimming during the day and cycled back home in the evening. The tour was quite hilly, besides that 2 angry dogs were chasing us. What a fun! :D 
Friends (even my mother) thought that is me in the picture (:

Speaking of dogs, I like this quote: "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the car window." Cycling really is about experiencing the world around you on a completely different level. Like I read somewhere: driving in a car is like watching pictures, while cycling is seeing things live. According to the research, people who regularly do sport activity look younger, are more satisfied with their life and live longer!


Cycling on a sunny day, May 2014
"Sport keeps young." I just wish I would have started sooner!










No comments:

Post a Comment