Sunday 8 June 2014

Days to remember


"Some moments are nice, some are nicer, some are even worth writing about." (Charles Bukowski)

Most of the days just go by, with no specific meaning. When I wished my friends a happy birthday in the past, I often said: "And I wish you lots of moments that will take your breath away." Days to remember. Because that's what life is all about, isn't it?

Last weekend were my days to remember. A friend from Germany was staying at my place. Actually we met just once before. I thought going to the seaside would be a perfect getaway from Ljubljana, so we spent the first day in Portorož and Koper. Walking along the coast, lying on the pier, having a drink on that comfortable couch and looking at the sea. Speaking quite frequently english and german recently, I realised how beautiful our language is.


On the pier in Portorož
When even driving in silence in the rain on a motorway has its charm. Maybe it's because you are aware of how limited your time with that person is and because of that you experience it more intensively.
At the Skyscraper

The next day we spent in Ljubljana. In the morning I attended the women's running in the park, so he was hanging out with my friend in between. Later that day we went to the Nebotičnik (Skyscraper), so he could take the pictures of the city. I waited and at some point he took some pictures of me. The entire happening was so spontaneous, that I thought it's kind of amazing to have such a harmony with someone you don't know that good.

"Don't make an effort. The best things happen when you least expect them."  This is one of my favourite quotes. On the third day he went back home. But the memories remain.


The view








No comments:

Post a Comment